Triopetra Beach is located at the South coast of Crete, the name is derived from the three sea- rocks.
The small village (hamlet) Triopetra comes with a sandy beach and belongs to the municipality of Rethymnon. To the next larger south coast village of Plakias 21 km. To the hidden sandy beach of Agios Pavlos only 6.5 km, to Ligres Beach 5 km, to Agia Fotini Beach 7,5 km. Get ready for this beauty that is out of this world.
Indulge in a stroll along any of Triopetra's 3 long sandy beaches of this remote stretch of land in the South of Crete.
The small village of Triopetra can be reached via a very winding side road from the mountain village of Spili. From the larger south coast town of Plakias to Triopetra it is approx. 46 minutes. To the north coast town of Rethymnon to Triopetra, it is 47km approx. 1 hour drive.
For pure bathing holidays away from mass tourism, we offer our small hideaway in Triopetra. Above the long, coarse sandy beach there are three taverns for your daily well-being. Even in high season, the beach is never overcrowded. Apart from the taverns on the beach there are no noteworthy shopping opportunities. Next shopping options are the villages Plakias (21km) Agia Galini and Spili. Triopetra comes with stunning sunsets. Worth to see in the vincinity of Triopetra is the Palm Gorge Preveli, the nearby market town of the mountain village of Spilli and the Saturday market at Mires.
Things to do and to see arround the area of Triopetra:
1. Matala was not only a place of the hippies foot steps , but a place of unique natural beauty as well, with prehistoric caves formed on the side rocks of Matala bay. During the past years, Matala becomes famous with Beach Festival that takes place at around the middle of June.
Matala Beach Festival is the largest free music festival in Europe and hosts many Greek and International artists every year.
2. The Palm Groge Preveli is a nature reserve. Daily boat excursions are offered from the harbour of the south coast village Plakias.
3. The Monastery Arkadi is one of the most important historic monuments in Crete.
4. At the foot of the mount Ida 8 km from the monastery Arkadi there are the excavations of Eleftherna. The ancient city-state was colonized from Dorians 9. th BC. The city was built on a steep, naturally fortified ridge.After the museums of Olympia, Delphi and Vergina the ancient Eleftherna is the fourth museum of Greece focusing exclusively on a single site. The Museum of Ancient Eleutherna was opened on 19.06.2016 .
5. The mountain village Spili is famous with its lion-fountains.
For a more authentic experience head to the south of Crete. It's going to be a once in a lifetime experience when you drive the South coast from end to end.
From the wind-whipped mountain regions to the safe small secluded beaches.
our optimal self drive tour "Southern Crete" consists of 3 hotel-locations within two weeks, it's excellent value for money, price per person(occupancy 2 guests) from 736 €
, daily arrival possible.
Our Self-Drive holidays include hotel accommodation and car hire (including taxes and car insurance) for the full duration.
With your travel documents (Vouchers) you will also receive a comprehensive map and day-to-day itinerary.
We have carefully selected unique family run accommodation, that have an extra touch of ambience and character.
The South coast has been waiting for you.
Please don´t hesitate to contact us for a tailor-made offer and personalized itineraries, when you don´t want to use the booking system. Get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org