The region of Apokoronas is situated in the West Coast of Crete extending eastside the City of Chania from Souda harbour up to the coastal village Georgioupolis. 25 Km from the old town of Chania, 25 km to Chania Airport,42 km to the South Coast Village Chora Sfakion, 130 km to the Airport Heraklion 135 km to Knossos. Apokoronas is a Region with the following villages: Gavalohori, Argiroupolis, Kournas lake, Vamos, Georgioupolis, Douliana, Armenoi, Fres, Kefalas, Vrissen, Selia Kalives and Almirida. A perfect region for trekking and cycling. Enjoy staggering natural beauty with soft hills and sandy beaches in Western Crete.
Great things come in small packages:
Embrace the colourful small villages of the northwest of Crete and its scenic nature reserves like Balos Lagoon and the Samaria Gorge in Combination with the natural beauty of the South of Crete with a vast array of authentic villages built amphitheatrically on the sloping hills.
we´ll respect your preferences by sending you tailor-made offers.
Kreta.com recommendations from Crete Travel Experts for West-Crete to get the most out of your Vacation for discovering your destination:
- we are always available to our customers to ensure the best vacation in Crete.
1. Daily Boat – Excursion to the Balos Lagoon (Nature Reserve) from 01.05.-30.10.
2. Hiking through the Gorge Samaria (Crete National Park) from 01.05.-30.10. .
3. Hiking through the Agia Irini Gorge (European Path E4) from 01.05.-30.10. .
4. Daily Boat-Trip in the Souda Bay of Chania (The “Pirates-Tour” for families from June- September) .
5. Day-Trip to the Lagoon Elafonissi (Nature Reserve) with visiting Monastery Chrissoskalitisa.
we are offering the best deals and conditions for convertibles and hire car in Crete!
All from one source, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org we wish you a nice time on Crete